Sunscape Sabor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Kimela. I was last at Sunscape in Sept 2022. I stay there 2-3 times each year . I find it to be a good value for an AI. It has a great beach (but water shoes needed for entry). I find the food to be acceptable but I’m not a foodie & I like the convenience of AI & short boat ride to reefs. The staff is great. Sunscape rooms were updated about 2-3 years ago so are in pretty good shape. Rooms have either 2 doubles or a few have 1 king. Recent renovation discussed was on the now “Dreams” section - too expensive for me. I dive with Dive Palancar but any Op can pick you up at Secrets pier. Feel free to PM me if you want more info. I’ll be there in January hoping to see some Eagle rays. :cool:
This is great news! Tripadvisor isn't kind to Sunscape! We aren't big foodies either, so are generally easy to please. Were the beds pretty comfy or would you advise us to bring an air mattress like we do to Casa Del Mar? We are thinking about switching our plans from CDM to Sunscape for January. When will you be there? Is there a pier fee for dive ops to pick you up?

I find the beds to be pretty comfy but I read a lot of reviews about them being hard. So ??? Only room area I would not accept is V20 - stinks in that area & has for years. Pier fee was $5 per day last visit. I’ll be there Jan 8-26 &
would enjoy meeting you.

Was there in November yes the northern end of the resort which originally was club members only then slowly became open to all has been renovated and changed to Dreams Resort. The Sunscape rooms were remodeled 2 years ago. THERE IS STILL SOME MINER CONSTRUCTION GOING ON AT DREAMS.
Sunscape rooms are smaller about 350 to 500 sq.ft. Sunscape guest can use the pool and the buffet in Dreams area. Sunscape guest cannot use the Market Cafe buffet that is part of the Secrets resort. All three resorts are serviced by AM Resorts (now part Of Hyatt) so you will see the same employee's working at all three resorts. BTW SUNSCAPE AND DREAMS STILL ALLOW KIDS.

it is more like one Resort with three to 4 different price range areas and restriction for the lower end price range.

I find the beds to be pretty comfy but I read a lot of reviews about them being hard. So ??? Only room area I would not accept is V20 - stinks in that area & has for years. Pier fee was $5 per day last visit. I’ll be there Jan 8-26 &
would enjoy meeting you.
Do you know if it's $5 per person or just $5 to allow the boat to dock to pick up divers?

Gotta say, I think it's ridiculous to charge a pier fee. All we'll do is walk to and from the boat, once a day. Other folks may be hanging around on the dock all day long, but we have to pay for this at an AI? I know. I know. I'm preaching to the choir.

If you dive with in house op there is no fee. EVERYONE else using the pier to board an outside op must pay the $5 pier fee. Sometimes on the weekends the pier guy is not their. I only buy on pier bracelet at a time in the event he is not there. Sometimes he is a lunch on return to pier so he can't cut off bracelet and i can use it next day. It was $2 before Covid and before they had to rebuild it after the Hurricane demolished it.
This is the biggest rip off at an AI. It's only $3 at the concrete pier just north of Dreams area.

Do you know if it's $5 per person or just $5 to allow the boat to dock to pick up divers?
I don’t know from personal experience but I am pretty sure that it is per person Per day.

I don’t know from personal experience but I am pretty sure that it is per person Per day.
I guess I'd rather pay $10 a day than to schlep my gear to the marina every day and back again. But that still stinks. Thanks. I think I'll go early and hang out and sort out my gear on the dock for a while after I get back to get my money's worth if we do this!!!!

I guess I'd rather pay $10 a day than to schlep my gear to the marina every day and back again. But that still stinks. Thanks. I think I'll go early and hang out and sort out my gear on the dock for a while after I get back to get my money's worth if we do this!!!!
You’d pay more than US$10
in taxi fares, I’ll wager.

You’d pay more than US$10
in taxi fares, I’ll wager.
Yep

We had to pay $5 per day, per diver to use that pier. I would guess that only 50% there was anyone around to collect the money. If you are looking at staying that far south on the island, you may want to check out neighboring Residencias Reef.

Back
Top Bottom