Sunset Waters Beach Resort - Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TXRoss

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone on the board ever stayed at Sunset Waters Beach Resort in Curacao and / or used their onsite dive operator, Sunset Divers recently? Or stayed at Lions Dive & Beach Resort and dove with Ocean Encounters? If so, how was your experience.

Thanks in advance,
Roger

I'm interested in Sunset Waters in Curacao too as we have just started researching it. We recently returned from Fantasy Island in Roatan and a couple on our boat there said that Sunset Waters in Curacao was a great place to stay & dive. They highly recommended it.

Here is a great trip report about Sunset Waters from a ScubaBoard member by typing Sunset Waters Curacao into the search section.

We have stayed at Sunset Waters three times in as many years and intend to return in January. Service is exceptional and the food is good. Most lunches are buffet, but one can order sandwiches from the kitchen.

I can say nothing but good things about Sunset Divers! It is located in the center of some of the best diving on the island. The staff is always helpful and attentive. They truly seem to enjoy their jobs and make sure we have a good time. I have seen nothing but improvement in the operation over the last three years. "Hats off" to Lynn, the manager, and her staff.

We were there in January 2006 and will be back in February 2008. Obviously we loved the place and the dive op or we wouldn't be headed back. Sorry we won't get to dive with you again, crb792! We had a lot of fun, didn't we? I wrote a trip report if you're interested, here's the link: Sunset Waters Curacao Trip Report

I was at Sunset Waters for 10 days in 2/2006. I had a very extensive trip report on the D2D board but, unfortunately, it was lost when their servers crashed.

It's a very nice, clean, and low key resort. The beach is fairly decent with some rocky areas off to one side. The house reef is good and offers some good diving as well as snorkeling. There is a long, fairly steep path that runs from the beach up to the rooms and dining area, but you do get used to that. The food at this all-inclusive resort is actually pretty good. Most meals are buffet style, a few are served from a menu. Service can be slow at times, but no worse than most Caribbean locales. Rooms are fairly basic ... nothing fancy, but roomy and clean. Most show some obvious wear if you look close enough, but Sunset Waters does not claim to be a five, or even four, star resort.

The dive op is first rate. They will help with your gear, offer good briefings, have comfortable boats, and will get you to most sites quickly. Gear storage is in a small "cage", nothing fancy, but adequate. The DM's are very friendly and, for the most part, quite competent.

The resort is somewhat remote, and it's about a 30 minute drive into Willemstaad. They do offer a free shuttle service into town and back, which you should take advantage of, since Willemstaad is worth at least a day trip.

If you don't need all the amenities of a posh resort, and laying on the beach, eating, and diving will keep you happy, I would strongly recommend Sunset Waters. It's a well run and comfortable place to hang out and dive. I'd go back in a minute.

My husband and I stayed at Sunset Waters for a week in March 2005. We loved it!! (We have to admit that when the plane landed we were a little nervous- its very dry and desert-like...)

The dive shop was absolutely amazing!! The staff was so nice, knowledgable and fun to dive with. Plus its been the best diving we've ever done. The reefs (including the reef just off of the shore on their beach- which we did several shore dives on) are vibrant and flourishing.

Be sure to go to Mushroom Forest!!

I was there 11/06. Great place to go and dive for a week. Food was good for an AI and dive staff were very nice. If you are looking to dive and chill out for a week this is the place.

txross,
welcome to this board.
i took my family to sunset in '04.
my non-diving wife enjoyed the snorkling on the house reef.
my son earned his ow from sunset divers.
the accomindations were clean.
the food was good.
the staff was cheerfull and helpfull.
the managment would ask us if we needed anything daily.
we didn't rent a car so we used the shuttle bus to town.
we had a very good holiday.
we would like to return there someday.
upon your safe return please drop us off a trip report.
regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom