Supporter renewal problems - again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I think I have issues with this every year - sorry.

I got an email from Paypal that my subscription payment failed because of credit card problems, as I had canceled that Visa number, so I updated to the new Visa number on paypal. I keep getting paypal payment failure emails, but I see on my paypal account that my annual payment went thru on November 20: transaction 98L8421053706873L

On my Scubaboard account, I see that my subscription expires December 16. Yuck! I don't want to be in the common freeloader group. Help.

Actually, the best thing for you to do going forward is to cancel your existing subscription and create a new one. The old subscriptions didn't carry over to Xenforo.

In the meantime, I manually upgraded you.

Thanks for the support.

Has the monthly supporter option been removed?

Does someone have to manually update the status for members that donate?

If you have an old subscription (from the neolithic days of vBulletin) - then you need to cancel that subscription, and make a new one on the current site, otherwise it will not auto update.

If you have a current subscription from the current site, then it should update automatically.

Can you check if mine went through?

If you have any pertinent information. Like a transaction number or date of transaction, that would be helpful.

Additionally... if your Registered email address on ScubaBoard is different than your paypal email address, it won't connect the transactions.

So... like if you made up an "anti-spam" email address for scubaboard with your own domain, and your paypal is registered with your real email address... then the system can't connect the payments and subscriptions.

Ah. I did exactly what you said with the emails.

What info do you need to connect them?

March 19
Paypal subscription number
S-2WW40437N57713125

Connection is not possible. You either need to use your real email address, or you will have to be manually updated each year.

ScubaBoard does not send any emails other than your thread subscriptions which you have ultimate control over. Using your real email is safe.

Back
Top Bottom