Surelock Weight System on other harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MT_Dweller

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does the Surelock Weight System only work on Apeks BCD's/Backplates, or can you attach these to other manufacturers harnesses? For instance can you attach these to a waist belt on a traditional hog harness? They do not have many good pictures of the back side, so I can't tell if there are straps or places to run webbing through. Probably would need some stoppers to prevent it from moving around.

Yes, they can be bolted to almost any backplate. They certainly work for HOG configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a fabric panel that is supposed to bolt to the plate with sexbolts and that keeps the pouch holding pouch in place you may need to drill a couple of bolt holes in your plate if you want to go that route.

They do not have many good pictures of the back side, so I can't tell if there are straps or places to run webbing through.

This one?

8857.jpg

yea Steve that is the one. I was unsure if the webbing panels on the back were completely sewn down or if just the ends were allowing for the webbing waist strap to thread through. Seems cheaper than purchasing the $60 fabric extra fabric attachment panels. I was wondering if anyone has attached these to a non-Apeks plate...

Yes the belt threads through both loops

If you just use the weight pouches and not the "connectors" they'll just slide on any 2" webbing. You'll want to secure them on the webbing with a keeper otherwise they'll slide around a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom