Surface Markers, Lift Bags, etc. What gives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation once bubbled...
PS: Uncle Pug - I remember reading when I first joined the board a post about what you carried in your pockets. I believe there were pics too...maybe not. I can't find the post. If you could post a link to it, I'd appreciate it.

K

You might try HERE

Nothing says you're prepared like carrying wrist seals around in your drysuit pocket.

Whatever. :eek:ut:

Uncle Pug - I remember reading when I first joined the board a post about what you carried in your pockets. I believe there were pics too...maybe not. I can't find the post. If you could post a link to it, I'd appreciate it.
I didn't have a picture posted but I think somewhere at sometime I listed what I carry in each pocket. For the dives we do:

Left pocket (backup stuff) : spare mask, extra double ender, divealert, shears, extra p-valve bolt

Right pocket (primary stuff) : Wetnotes, liftbag, spool w/double ender

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
Whether lift bag, sausage or SMB shallow water practice without significant bottom time is in order... these things are not benign.

LOL I like the way you put that...not benign. Our little group has some very entertaining lift bag stories.

My nickname at one time (still is for all I know) in my UK dive club was "Polaris"....

Nothing says you're prepared like carrying wrist seals around in your drysuit pocket.

I'm wondering the same thing...what is the purpose of carrying these? I can't see that replacing them underwater would be feasible.

Secondly, how much line does everyone carry on their spools?:confused:

bwerb once bubbled...
I'm wondering the same thing...what is the purpose of carrying these? I can't see that replacing them underwater would be feasible.

A spare seal pulled over a torn one will stop, or at least slow, the flow of water.

My spools are 100'

WW

bwerb wrote...
The answer I got when I asked that question was that it would prevent or at least restrict further water inflow. The seal isn't replaced, but donned over the existing damaged seal.

bwerb wrote...
Secondly, how much line does everyone carry on their spools?
100' on mine.

bwerb once bubbled...

Mine came with 115'.

On the replacement seals, I can't believe that pulling on a replacement seal would do much. You'd be so wet at that point it wouldn't matter much, and with the amount of leakage you get with a pinhole, I can't see how pulling another seal over a ripped one would do much.
There are better alternatives.

MD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom