Suunto D4i buttons problem no longer working

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IanK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
On the way to Cozumel at Houston airport from Calif, I tried to adjust the local time on my near new D4i. I have had two dive trips with it; it is 6 months old. As I was adjusting the time, the computer locked up ie the buttons no longer responded and the computer went back to just a time display with no possibility of adjustment. i did a free dive with it as an experiment - it went into dive timer mode and gave me a NO CONN message but still no adjustments via buttons. I suppose the input circuit has gone dead on me and I have to send it back unless there is a clever trick to get the buttons to work again. I have soaked it, I have pushed all possible combinations of buttons to no avail. After a older D9 that gave no trouble for years, this is disappointing. Looks like i have to rent a computer.

IanK,

I apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing, but I would highly recommend you to send your D4i to the nearest authorized Suunto service center for evaluation. You can locate the nearest service center by following the link provided. Repair - Service Center Locator | Suunto

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Went diving today with borrowed/rented computer but also wearing the D4 for fun. It worked fine, paired with transmitter, read out pressure etc. But totally uncontrollable via the buttons. So back to dealer when I get home. Six months of use was not much before this happened.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom