Suunto D6i DEAD Display

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xterra

Contributor
Reaction score
Woke up this morning to see that my D6i has a dead display, absolutely nothing, just a grey screen.
I usually wear it as a watch and it was fine last evening.
Was diving with it just in August with Battery sign OK.
I had recently checked approx. 3 weeks ago to enter dive mode and battery check was OK.
The battery was last changed in January 2016 by Suunto Service center.
Anyone has experienced this?

to my knowledge the batteries last 12-18 months and typically don't give any warning.

I would just change the battery. Mine lasts for a bit more than a year when the dive mode is set on. The battery warning came up just 2 weeks before dying.

It’s likely the battery. I got about 22 months on mine before it needed to be replaced BUT I did not do a lot of diving in that time...Maybe 50-60 dives. Mine did give a warning, however, and I did not exhaust it to the end. If you dive a lot or keep it in dive mode instead of time, it sounds about right for a battery change. Let us know what you find!

Ok, all done! Yes it was ONLY the battery dead. Had it replaced and pressure tested. There is another Suunto Service now in TX, Aggieland Scuba in College Station (its only a 1h 30min drive from Houston). Perfect service and all was set and done within 30min. Had the Pressure transmitter Recall done as well. :thumb::thumb:

Was told that it depends on the battery if it will give you a "low battery" sign prior. Some break down right away when exhausted. (aka my second battery) --> Lesson learned Replace battery after 15 months before Dive trips!
The first time (origninal battery lasted 23 months (50+ dives) and gave me a Battery low warning sign that stayed until I sent it in.
This second one just went flat out dead after 22 months without warning and barely 23 dives on the battery.

Last edited:
Ok, all done! Yes it was ONLY the battery dead. Had it replaced and pressure tested. There is another Suunto Service now in TX, Aggieland Scuba in College Station (its only a 1h 30min drive from Houston). Perfect service and all was set and done within 30min. Had the Pressure transmitter Recall done as well. :thumb::thumb:

Was told that it depends on the battery if it will give you a "low battery" sign prior. Some break down right away when exhausted. (aka my second battery) --> Lesson learned Replace battery after 15 months before Dive trips!
The first time (origninal battery lasted 23 months (50+ dives) and gave me a Battery low warning sign that stayed until I sent it in.
This second one just went flat out dead after 22 months without warning and barely 23 dives on the battery.

Thanks for updating us; I'm so glad that it is just the battery. I got a low battery warning while on a dive trip back at the end of March and my heart sank - like OH, great. Thankfully, that is why I dive with a backup computer when I am on a trip...For reasons like that, or just general problems with my main computer. I dove with the primary (a Vyper Air with low battery indicator) and backup (3 button Zoop) for the rest of the week and the primary lasted. I swapped the battery out and did a pressure test when I returned and all was well again!

Back
Top Bottom