Suunto D6i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divetech99

Contributor
Reaction score
In the old D9, you have to press the air button and wait a few seconds for the AI to establish connection.

Sometimes, the user forgets to do this and proceeds with the dive. The AI then doesn't give any air time data.

In the new D6i, is the AI sync now automatic when you start your descent? Or do you still have to press the button, wait for several seconds for sync?

Hi,
I'm very sorry for the late respond... somehow I missed this thread: after pairing the connection will be established once the transmitter is in reach. So the normal procedure works without buttons (after first pairing)

br Hendrik

Hi,
I'm very sorry for the late respond... somehow I missed this thread: after pairing the connection will be established once the transmitter is in reach. So the normal procedure works without buttons (after first pairing)

br Hendrik

Thanks. Can you kindly confirm if this is the same for an old D9?

Also, can I use the D9 transmitter with a D6i?

Hi,
the procedure is basically the same as for the D9 although the menu is a bit different. Also the D9 transmitter can be used for the D6i.
Regarding your initial question I think we've misunderstood each other: as you can see in the video (link below) the transmitter is detected automatically and the pressure is shown since the transmitter has been paired. In case you're not starting your dive right away the unit will switch back to the time mode after some time and the transmission will be paused. In this case I recommended to reactivate the unit and check the transmission + opened valve as you would with an SPG just before the dive... this then requires to press a button, yes... did you mean that by "air button" ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZ2en7Utkg

Back
Top Bottom