Suunto discounted stores???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveTank Is actually split up into two different companies in two different countries. Both owned by Vast Ventures Inc

They operate as DiveTank.net in Canada and DiveTank.com in the USA.

The .com store in Washington doesn't sell Suunto gear over the net, as Aqualung's evil empire doesn't allow it.

The .net store in Canada does sell Suunto gear over the internet (or they used to) as other NON US countries can sell Aqualung over the net. Now... they used to ship to the USA from this Canadian store, but the folks at the 'dark empire' have been enforcing against dealers who ship in from across the border. So I don't think they do it anymore.

Note: Nothring wrong with how DiveTank sells their stuff. Many companies in that area have shops on both sides of the dotted line on the map. Why should dive shops be any different?

As for the Evil Empire, see this thread about their views on Internet sales.
Aqualung's stance on e commerce
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=173006

Scared Silly:
Hoosier - I think you have the story correct.

Actually, I had the same question for a while. So, I had a chance to talk with the watch store. (Even one of our board member belongs to the watch store that is selling the Suunto computer). Their price is relatively good and valid even with the manufacture warranty, but I was not sure how they handle a recall issue, such as a recent D9...

It took two months to get the recall service from Divetank and I am not impressed.:confused:

That's another thing, I wonder about the legality of "restricted warranties". It seems to me that a new product sold in the US should carry a worldwide warranty no matter where you buy it. If I buy, let's say, an AquaLung or Mares regulator for that matter, I should be able to claim the warranty in any AquaLung or Mares certified resellers, not just the store I bought it from.
I am really surprised by the level of protectionism in the scuba industry which I think is quite unacceptable.

somewhereinla:
That's another thing, I wonder about the legality of "restricted warranties". It seems to me that a new product sold in the US should carry a worldwide warranty no matter where you buy it. If I buy, let's say, an AquaLung or Mares regulator for that matter, I should be able to claim the warranty in any AquaLung or Mares certified resellers, not just the store I bought it from.
I am really surprised by the level of protectionism in the scuba industry which I think is quite unacceptable.

I agree. Warranty should be valid no matter where you buy it (new).

unforunately, our goverments have enough problems to deal with instead of trying to force the legality of this on the scuba industry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom