Suunto DM5 and MAC OS 11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ianb1122

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Upgraded to MAC OS 11 yesterday and DM5 no longer works. Just talked to their tech support and there is no work around, their developers are aware and there is no timeline of a fix. Hopefully this gets sorted out soon.

There are a number of dive log apps out there that are much better than DM5. I switched from DM5 to Subsurface about 3 years ago and have had no trouble with it whatsoever. It has versions for Mac, Windows, and Linux as well as mobile apps for iPhone and Android and can be synced to the desktop versions. It is compatible with a very wide variety of dive computers. I was using the Vyper Novo and then switched to an Oceanic OCi and continued downloading without a hitch.

Check it out. It's an open source program and it is free.

And I'm sure you'll get suggestions from others that use different dive apps. DM5? Just...no.

On macOS I heartily recommend MacDive. Subsurface is technically great as well, but the UI is ... not fantastic, in my opinion.

I definitely hope for a quick fix to DM5 but don't count on it.

And for those who think this issue is about the dive log, it's not.

To customize your screens on the EON Core you need to use DM5....

Yes - this is exactly what I use DM5 for, though on WIndows not a Mac.

For actual dive logging I use Mac-Dive on my iPhone.

Yeah, I am aware of that but don't think about it since I've never used an Eon Core. And from my experience with DM5, the updates and/or customizations to the Core would be the only reason I would keep it if I had one. DM5 simply is not a good piece of software.

I really like the Eon Core but will never buy one for exactly that reason... poor DM5 functionality and support.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom