Suunto Gekko - Dive Download ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And just to confirm, you have the Gekko set and locked into PC mode? By that, I mean you take it to PC mode, and push (if memory serves) the far right button?

It won't convert. Like the other poster is says starting procedure but never finds the DC.

Email the person who wrote the program - He has been very helpfull in the past.
I'm sure He'd want to know there was a problem.
He can be a bit, um, well, "Testy" is a polite word for it.

And just to confirm, you have the Gekko set and locked into PC mode? By that, I mean you take it to PC mode, and push (if memory serves) the far right button?

Yes it is in the PC Set mode in the Gekko.

Email the person who wrote the program - He has been very helpfull in the past.
I'm sure He'd want to know there was a problem.
He can be a bit, um, well, "Testy" is a polite word for it.

I don't think it is the program since I can't get the other program to work either. Is there a way to test if the cable is working?

I don't think it is the program since I can't get the other program to work either. Is there a way to test if the cable is working?

What does Suunto's Dive Manager have to say?
It will read a gekko and report it as an incorrect computer type, but it will comunicate with the Gekko to do it.

It will read a gekko and report it as an incorrect computer type, but it will comunicate with the Gekko to do it.

I'll give it try and let you know.

I have a Vyper and my wife has a Gekko!

I have run the conversion program with no problems.

If the conversion program does not complete, you can't expect SDM to function!

One hint: The PC cable doesn't seem to fit tightly into my wife's Gekko. I apply a small amount of holding pressure with my hand to make sure the pins connect when I am talking to it with the PC.

All the conversion program does is set a bit in the Gekko so SDM thinks it's a Vyper.

If your cable is like mine, there is a orange LED which will light up, and flicker while data is being transferred. If yours does have the LED, and it's not lighting up, you probably have a connection issue.

It can't find the DC that way either. I guess it's the cable. I'm going to see if I can borrow someones and see if it works with their cable.

I just wanted to follow up with everyone. It turned out that the original Custom Idea cable I had was bad. I have since purchased the Smart Interface cable and it works like a charm. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom