Suunto Gekko - Dive Download ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Manager doesn't support Mac.

I don't know enough about Mac's to know if you can run it in a Windows shell or not!

This thread needs to be cleaned up a bit. I skimmed 32 pages dating back to 2006 and still have questions.

First off, I have a Mac.

What do I need and where can I find it? Short and simple lol

Thanks for whoever can offer the time!

@Kaliber35:

I'm assuming that you have a Mac and a Suunto Gekko...and you want to download your dive profiles from the Gekko to the Mac.

My first piece of advice is to forget about Suunto Dive Manager (SDM). In my opinion, SDM is a crappy, antiquated piece of proprietary software. Yes, you can run it on your Mac with virtualization software...but I wouldn't even bother. It's such a hassle having to start up a virtual machine, run a script that tricks SDM into thinking your Gekko is a Vyper, and then download the dive profiles from the dive computer.

I think a much more elegant solution is to use MacDive, a piece of software that is an order of magnitude better than SDM. MacDive does not require changing any settings on your Gekko to enable downloading. If everything is set up properly -- Gekko in upload mode and attached with Suunto USB or serial cable to your Mac running Leopard (OS 10.5) -- then you're in business. The developer is very responsive to any questions that you might have.

PM me if you have any questions.

Can someone please share the link for a PC hack/crack? Will the factory Suunto cable work? What is needed to download to PC (software and hardware). MacDive made it easy for Mac users. But I need this for PC.

Thank you for your time, I appreciate it greatly!

Can someone please share the link for a PC hack/crack? Will the factory Suunto cable work? What is needed to download to PC (software and hardware). MacDive made it easy for Mac users. But I need this for PC.

Suunto Tools

just a short question:
does the suunto dive manager still work with your Gekko in Vista?

for some reason mine won't work. it finds the Gekko but always aborts the download process. I have a USB-to-Gekko cable.

Diving Log can also download your Gekko directly without modification. It is using the Suunto Tools mentioned above.

just a short question:
does the suunto dive manager still work with your Gekko in Vista?

for some reason mine won't work. it finds the Gekko but always aborts the download process. I have a USB-to-Gekko cable.

I'm using SDM 2.6 with a Gekko under Windows XP Pro.

Diving Log can also download your Gekko directly without modification. It is using the Suunto Tools mentioned above.
why pay for software if the suunto software does the same but is free of charge?
and the gekko can be activated with freeware as well.

p.s.: found the problem. seems latency has to be set to 8ms rather than 16ms in vista.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom