Suunto Interface Users question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where can I purchase a Mosquito interface online and avoid the dive shop mark up?
thanks

cid90 once bubbled...
Where can I purchase a Mosquito interface online and avoid the dive shop mark up?
thanks

I kept looking at ebay, but they were consistently going for $100-120.

That's when I found Diveinn.com. The Suunto Dive Manager for Cobra/Vyper/Mosquito is $78.11 plus another $9 for shipping. The best price I was able to find anywhere. Look here and scroll down until you see it.

Marc

Thanks FLL Diver and nickjb,
That will save me a few bucks!
Shhh.....don't tell my local shop owner.:wink:

Building my own will require payment to a neighbor computer tech....but a case of beer is cheaper than the factory model.:D

nickjb once bubbled...
For $5 of parts and a couple of hours of your valuable time you could make one.

http://www.geocities.com/scubadiver_roli/english.html

I had a look at that site sometime ago... has anyone made up that interface yet? I'm keen to coz they want ~$400 for that $5 interface at my LDS. Helluva markup.

I have a stinger and the Roli's plan's describe a 3 pronged interface and as far as I can tell the stinger only has one contact. Anyone overcome this?

Ta in advance.

MerKiwi once bubbled...

I have a stinger and the Roli's plan's describe a 3 pronged interface and as far as I can tell the stinger only has one contact. Anyone overcome this?

I too was going to build my interface, but had a hard time trying to find something suitable to use as a connector. See this thread.

That's why I ended up buying one. I still have the other parts around here if you like. :)

Marc

FLL Diver once bubbled...

I too was going to build my interface, but had a hard time trying to find something suitable to use as a connector. See this thread.

That's why I ended up buying one. I still have the other parts around here if you like. :)

Marc

Sweet, ta FFL Diver... :yea: Next time I'm in Florida I'll give you a bell... heh.

I've made one. It works just fine. I can download to my PC or my PDA.

There are two contacts on the Stinger: 1. The moisture sensor (small dimple on side) 2. The case.

The reason there are three contacts on the interface is that two of them connect to the case and the middle one connects to the sensor. If there were only two you wouldn't be able to tell which one was the middle... If you see what I mean.

There are photos on Roli's site of various peoples interfaces so plenty of people have done it.

Ah... I see. That makes a strange sort of sense, Nickjb. I think I'll go out and get the bits for the interface now then, get my mate to put it together. How'd you go about making it link to a PDA? That's a brilliant idea. Did you write the software for your PDA?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom