Suunto Viper vs. Mosquito

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got to dissent.

Mosquito, all the way. It's comfortable, it's more streamlined feeling, and I actually think the display is easier to read.

Maybe I'm just used to it.

I think it depends what you want out of it. As an instructor who dives every day I wear my mosquito all the time. That way I don't forget to have my computer with me. Also (for me) a wrist moint viper is to clunky when changing tanks over, etc. I personnally prefer a wrist mount though.

We do have quite a few divers who have the viper in wrist and console config's and love both. Also I've never heard people complain about the mosquito display, especially underwater but again to each his own.

Per the earlier post you can't go wrong with eiter!

Chris

Side note: The vyper has (suunto terms) a dive planner AND a dive simulator.
Dive planner like a glorified tables uncarnation where you ender your surface interval and then dial in your intended max depth and it'll give stop times.
Simulator is just that, time advances (slowly) and you up/down arrow the depths.
Personally i use the planner but the simulator only to play around with at home via the PC software as im not convinced multi level dives like that should be planned on the fly off the boat :)

On another note i know a few people that say the mosquito is far harder to see under low vis and darkness than the vyper which maybe an issue.

My vote is go for the vyper but then again, im biased.

The £4 computer interface helps too :)

Thank you everybody for your help I ended up going with the suunto viper on a wrist mount, and so far I like it, I cant wait to get it in the water.

"The £4 computer interface helps too :)[/QUOTE]"

Where can I order the computer interface?

kjgoh:
"The £4 computer interface helps too :)
"

Where can I order the computer interface?[/QUOTE]

You can order the proper one for £75 or so.

Failing that there are plenty of schematics online for building your own which is what i did (the software is a free download off Suunto site).

As a half way stage i believe someone on here makes/sells kits.

Back
Top Bottom