Suunto Vyper Air Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My buddy and I bought 2 Vyper Air with transmission to the top of bcd.
After 5-6 dives we both experienced unprovoked stop of transmission - No bars in the computer...
We feel unsecure with the equipment.
Any other divers having same problem?
The dealer suggest replacement of batteries, but the equipment is new.
Yours Sincerely
Joergen Bloch-Petersen

You haven't got them pair to the wrong transmitter by any chance? I found the initial pairing was a fiddle and once paired the best plan was not to do it again.

My experience with those sorts of suuntos is that the battery will last for years and hundreds of dives.

I think (but I could easily be wrong about this) that the gas pressure has to be changing to keep the transmitter sending. So you need to check you have a connection soonish after turning on your gas.

I know that the transmitter needs at least 300 psi to record data. Make sure if you're diving with another Vyper Air diver/transmitter that they're on different channels too...that may be an issue. I've had my transmitter lose connection while diving for a minute or two, but not for longer than that. Sometimes if it doesn't connect, a reset of the channel will help. I changed the transmitter battery pretty early after my purchase, but haven't had to change it again in about 2 years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom