Suunto Vyper Editor Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceancurrent

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Greetings. I have a Suunto Vyper (with Nitrox support) for which I'd like to change the units. Unfortunately this version of Vyper (three buttons, black casing) does not have a menu setting for performing this simple procedure. I read that I can update the setting using the USB cable and a PC, but I need some sort of special service software. I believe it may be called "Suunto Vyper Editor" or such. I will appreciate it very much if you could point me where I can download this software from (or share a link in a PM).

I am ok with working with legacy software that runs on old versions of Windows since I have access to virtualized old versions of Windows (95, 98, XP, etc).

Many thanks

Last edited:
......I have a Suunto Vyper (with Nitrox support) for which I'd like to change the units. Unfortunately this version of Vyper (three buttons, black casing) does not have a menu setting for performing this simple procedure. .....
Yes it does.
See manual or the Vyper class

Greetings. I have a Suunto Vyper (with Nitrox support) for which I'd like to change the units. Unfortunately this version of Vyper (three buttons, black casing) does not have a menu setting for performing this simple procedure. I read that I can update the setting using the USB cable and a PC, but I need some sort of special service software. I believe it may be called "Suunto Vyper Editor" or such. I will appreciate it very much if you could point me where I can download this software from (or share a link in a PM).

I am ok with working with legacy software that runs on old versions of Windows since I have access to virtualized old versions of Windows (95, 98, XP, etc).

Many thanks

I have a used Vyper and got the "Vyper Editor" for it years ago. It was software written by a guy who wanted to erase the memory on his Vyper. I checked to see if I still have it but I think I lost it. I hunted for it and I think this is it: Suunto Tools.

I have a used Vyper and got the "Vyper Editor" for it years ago. It was software written by a guy who wanted to erase the memory on his Vyper. I checked to see if I still have it but I think I lost it. I hunted for it and I think this is it: Suunto Tools.

Be aware this tool will void any warranty you may have. At this point, I don't think that's an issue. I've used this tool several times without a problem. I have never used it to change units, or know if that's possible. Good luck!

So, I got the cable and the Suunto Communicator software. Eventually I got the software to connect to the Vyper and it was able to retrieve its settings. Unfortunately, tweaking the settings and then sending the back to the computer did not work. The software seems to succeed in storing the settings, but then nothing changes in the computer. Unfortunately, I think I got one of the first version of Vyper from the late 90s which is not configurable even via the software. It was worth the shot, but oh well. I wonder why ever did Suunto produce a dive computer which cannot be reconfigured between units.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom