Suunto Vyper not working - works only as a clock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you happen to know if it is possible to get only the sensor and how much would that be?

My guess it is sealed in the wall w/ sensing surface out and electrical contacts in, so even if you could get one, replacing it would be... not worth the trouble.

Replacing the depth sensor is almost impossible to do on your part. Your best recourse is to contact the guy/gal who sold it to to you. He/she might take it back even if there is no express or implied warranty.

I contacted the guy, he said no... If you called me at least a couple of weeks ago, now it's late, I don't have the money (80 euro?), etc.
Bulls I think and he probably knew it when he sold the computer...
I will try to fix it, otherwise decide if I want to sell the lit matches to someone else as you would say in Italian. Not nice though
I am confident in my skills in electronics

I contacted the guy, he said no... If you called me at least a couple of weeks ago, now it's late, I don't have the money (80 euro?), etc.
Bulls I think and he probably knew it when he sold the computer...
I will try to fix it, otherwise decide if I want to sell the lit matches to someone else as you would say in Italian. Not nice though
I am confident in my skills in electronics

The sensor looks like a thru-hole component so soldering won't be a problem. The hard part would be opening and re-sealing the unit. This is unlike the Shearwaters which uses O-rings and screws.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom