Suunto Vyper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ian Wigg

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking to buy a Suunto Vyper (would like a Vytec but can't afford one) and was wondering if any of you run a dive shop as, if the price is right I'd rather give the cash to a club member.

RoHo is currently offering them at £176.00 which is very good plus I assume ther may be some good deas at the show.

Ian

Hi,

Loosely allied to a shop through a club.

The Roho price is virtually unbeatable my colleagues tell me !

Looks like they may have done a "one-off" deal with Suunto.

I've just bought my Vyper and am heartbroken at what I could have saved if I;d waited a couple of weeks. But isn't that always the way ?

As for the Vyper , I love it !

Hoppy

As it turned out RoHo couldn't deliver for about a week, they did suggest an Aladin Pro Ultra @ £189.00 which is also superb which they could have out within a week.

Divers Warehouse did the Vyper for £180.00 + p&p same day dispatch.

Wating with baited breath for it to arrive as I type.

Ian

Hi Rob

The only difference between the Vyper and the Vytec is the ability to switch gasses and add a £300.00 contects gauge and to be honest I'm unlikely to need the additional functionality for a long long time. Also £300 is two 15L tanks or a damn good torch, both of which are more pressing so for me the Vyper is more than adequate.

Having said that I did have to exert a great deal of will power not to get the Vytec just for the tank sender!!!

Ian

I know but my Vyper was still £80.00 less and as I said, it does all I'm likely to need for some time. By the time I'm likely to need a computer that can switch gasses there will no doubt be something even better available.

I understand where you are coming from and can see the logic but the extra bangs per bucks really didn't add up for me.

Ian

I managed to get a Suunto Vyper at Dive 2002 for £175 - it was from the stand hosted by the Taunton Scuba Centre and they were really lovely salespeople too! They have a website (tauntonscuba.com) which might be worth checking out for deals.

Lesley
x

Lesley once bubbled...
I managed to get a Suunto Vyper at Dive 2002 for £175 - it was from the stand hosted by the Taunton Scuba Centre and they were really lovely salespeople too! They have a website (tauntonscuba.com) which might be worth checking out for deals.

Lesley
x

Good price but when you take into account the following:

£35.00 petrol to get to B/ham & back (main reason I was going was for the computer)

£6.00 parking at the show

£9.00 approx to get in

Add this to the show price and I'm back up to retail so £180.00 + p/p worked out very good indeed. Different story if you were going to the show anyway or live near to NEC.

Ian
Thanks for the pointer to the website - I'll definately have a look.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom