Suzanne Stevenson 21 NOV 2011 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[h=1]American tourist dies while diving in Chankanaab[/h][h=2]COZUMEL, Q. Roo .- Coming from Baltimore, Suzanne Stevenson, 69, left the group, was found dead two hours later.[/h]

Julian Miranda / SIPSE
COZUMEL, Q. Roo .- Death of a tourist 69 years when diving in Chankanaab reef with four friends.

Suzanne Stevenson, a native of Baltimore, United States, this morning, on board the vessel "Sleeping shark", he went to Chankanaab reef located in the south of the island.

The underwater experience that began as an activity on their vacation ended in tragedy when Suzanne left the group who commanded the ship's captain, Gonzalo Solis, around 9:30 in the morning.

The woman remained missing about two hours, to be found in the deep sea without life was removed and taken to the shelter Caleta where, in vain, emergency services were waiting for their arrival.

The place came the Forensic Medical Service personnel (Semefo) to perform the autopsy of law.

Thoughts and prayers to those family and friends left behind, and the others on the boat, divers and crew....

Last edited by a moderator:
This is indeed sad news. My thoughts are with the family and friends of the victim.
I came on here to see if there was any news as I was diving the wreck at the same time as the group the victim was with, their group began to surface as we were around 10mins into our dive... I was hoping to read of a better outcome.
When we surfaced and got back on our boat we were asked if we'd seen any divers still on the wreck as a diver was missing off another boat.

Still diving at 69 years old. That's encouraging :)

Why was my post moved from the original thread to this one?

Thoughts and prayers to Suzanne's family. She was a friend for years through a running group. Our paths crossed often in various locations around the world. She always had a huge smile and joy for life. On On!

Rest in peace Suzanne! You were one of the nicest, most fun to be around people I ever met. On On HH (from the other HH).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom