Suzanne Stevenson 21 NOV 2011 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Profound sympathy to our dear friend Richard from the cats and humans of The Feline Foundation of Greater Washington (Welcome to The Feline Foundation of Greater Washington, Inc.). We are shocked and heartbroken, and are standing by to help in any way we can. Laura Goodman, President

PS: If someone can get a message to Richard, please let him know that I've heard from the cat sitter that the kitties are all fine and will be cared for for as long as needed.

Thank you everyone. This is Suzanne's stepdaughter.
I appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

And just an FYI - she's having apoplexy right now - she was only 62....

The medical authorities think she had an apoplexy during the dive?

Is the U.S. Embassy or nearest Consulate (American Citizen Services section) helping (e.g., dealing with Mexican authorities)?

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Profound sympathy to our dear friend Richard from the cats and humans of The Feline Foundation of Greater Washington (Welcome to The Feline Foundation of Greater Washington, Inc.). We are shocked and heartbroken, and are standing by to help in any way we can. Laura Goodman, President

PS: If someone can get a message to Richard, please let him know that I've heard from the cat sitter that the kitties are all fine and will be cared for for as long as needed.

So they got all of their cats through you? I was going to make a donation in her name. We're down in Brazil now. When we adopted a stray kitten we found on the grounds of a local university about 4 years ago, we named it Suzanne, after one of our favorite cat-lovers.

Thank you everyone. This is Suzanne's stepdaughter.
I appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

And just an FYI - she's having apoplexy right now - she was only 62....

Sorry, now I understand the remark about apoplexy (her age being variously described as 66 and 69). My wife remembered us talking about Suzanne and I being one year-apart and I'm 61.

For people who knew her, there is one hell of a Facebook memorial page set up by someone also strangely known as "FB." Suzanne had many many friends. The Facebook group is already up to over 300 members and growing fast.

So they got all of their cats through you? I was going to make a donation in her name. We're down in Brazil now. When we adopted a stray kitten we found on the grounds of a local university about 4 years ago, we named it Suzanne, after one of our favorite cat-lovers.

What a beautiful tribute to Suzanne--I'm sure she was tickled pink to have a feline namesake! Over at least the last dozen years, several but not all of Suzanne & Richard's cats came to them via Feline Foundation (FFGW). These include a number of seniors who otherwise had little chance at adoption and two precious younger orange girls, Brandy and Carly, who they fostered, devotedly nursed back to health after tragic injuries--and then adopted! FFGW would be honored by a donation in Suzanne's memory (ffgw.org).

For people who knew her, there is one hell of a Facebook memorial page set up by someone also strangely known as "FB." Suzanne had many many friends. The Facebook group is already up to over 300 members and growing fast.
Hi-is there a link to the memorial page for we Facebook novices? Many thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/239058582828618/

Here you go. The Hash House Harriers loved her and Richard, and the tributes are coming in. There are some great photos posted already as well.

Thank you! Having known Suzanne in only one tiny slice of her abundantly full life, I knew nothing of the Hash House Harriers. But thanks to Wikipedia I do now--and am even more in awe of our dear departed friend--who clearly would not stand for that :)!

Back
Top Bottom