swim trunks...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear board shorts over the "bike short" type of trunks. Then when it is time to change into the wetsuit I lose the board shorts. Why not get him a pair of both? Form and function...

Fox

raposarose:
I wear board shorts over the "bike short" type of trunks. Then when it is time to change into the wetsuit I lose the board shorts. Why not get him a pair of both? Form and function...

Fox

Now someone's thinking...good idea Raposarose.

AmyJ:
Anyway, I found these 'jammer' swimsuits that look a lot like bike shorts, but are made for swimming.... so maybe that would be a way to go.. but I am still interested in ideas and opinions! Thanks
I already had a jammer due to my kids being on the swim team and there was a price break if we got one more suit -- so I got one, too.

It works well under both a 5/3 full wetsuit or a 6.5 Farmer John+Jacket. It even works all by itself for the pool dives!

Since I've never used any other suit or shorts for diving, I can't give you a comparison, but a jammer works for me.

-Rob

I stared with regular swim trunks or board shorts. They do tend to bunch up a bunch in a wet suit. I just last month switched to speedos. I would not be caught dead wearing these things but for diving they are ok. The only show for a few seconds anyway when I take off my pants and put on my suit and take of the suit and put on my pants.

Speedo type here (although I don't look quite as good in them as I used to :D ) What are "jammers". I go to dive not be watched, if people don;t like what I'm wearing, don't look.

Groundhog246:
Speedo type here (although I don't look quite as good in them as I used to :D ) What are "jammers"? I go to dive not be watched, if people don;t like what I'm wearing, don't look.
Think a "Speedo" with legs covered to mid thigh like bike shorts.

-Rob

Why wear anything? I guess I have been surfing for so many years, I just let it all hang out. Never have any problems with material bunching up :wink: I just would rather not worry about it.

your mileage may vary

TCooperWFI:
Cause I'm shy.... :blush:

May I suggest a shell-type drysuit, then? That way, you you ain't gonna need take off anything but your shoes :wink: Also, imagine how much faster you can get to the bar sipping martinis after the dive, if you keep your tux on under the drysuit :wink:

Personally, I go commando in a wetsuit. If fellow divers are sensitive, they're free to look somewhere else while I change :wink:

Back
Top Bottom