swim trunks...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speedo's are the best bet under wetsuit. Paradeing around in them, though, is definately a no-no. Oh, and if your stuff hangs out, stuff it back in!

Gotta take your spurs off first!

Groundhog246:
Speedo type here (although I don't look quite as good in them as I used to :D ) What are "jammers". I go to dive not be watched, if people don;t like what I'm wearing, don't look.
Groundhog is lying. I've dove with him and several times have had to dive away in horror as he decided to start 'strutting.'

It's not a pretty scene, let me assure you. :)

Well, you all have certainly been entertaining! :) I think I will go with the jammers things and he can wear board shorts or something over them until it's time to suit up. Not that a speedo wouldn't look just fine...his 6 pack is well intact! but I'd hate to have to worry about stuff hanging out. lol

Thanks for all the great feedback. This is such a fun board and I always learn so much!

I used the swim trunks for a while, but got tired of the bunching. I switched to speedo for comfort, ease of use and quick drying. I wear short pants or warm-ups over speedo before and after diving. In Monterey some boats want you in your wetsuit (or drysuit) before getting on the boat. In Florida and Cozumel I removed shorts and donned wetsuit on the boat at the 10 minute warning. Speedo is only briefly exposed, and everyone is paying attention to their gear. Another quick change after the last dive as (in tropical weather) it is warmer to get out of wetsuit and get dry.

I have some board shorts, but I never thought about using them under a wetsuit.

Just one (more) mans method,

Wristshot

I originally tried regular swim trunks but the lycra works much better under a wetsuit.

AmyJ:
I think I will go with the jammers things and he can wear board shorts or something over them until it's time to suit up. Not that a speedo wouldn't look just fine...his 6 pack is well intact!
Jammers or even those biker type shorts are fine...I have dove in my boxers when I forgot my swimsuit. The biggest thing is to try to avoid bunching which is what jammers/biker shorts will do.

And as for the 6 pack...well, I have somewhere between an 18 can fridge friendly case and a 30 pack that is well in tact.

Back
Top Bottom