Swing Flip Lens adapters...anyone use these? Would love some input, these arent exactly inexpensive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So all you need to decide is how much magnification you want. More magnification is harder to use.

The photo below is a G16 with a Subsee +10.

I am ordering one very soon! On to the lenses--- there are several out there for close up work with varying prices....any suggestions there? I see Saga, Inon , Subsee and I just don't know where to land with these.....what should I be looking for? I figure I will be shooting shrimps, blennies, close ups of coral, anything stationary I can find lol. Thoughts?

I just added an Inon close-up lens to my Canon G16 (Ikelite housing) setup. I love it. It's the Inon UCL-165 M67 lens (67mm thread). I had to also buy the Ikelite 67in adapter but you won't need that.
14445958_10154572025597171_3152124837813794690_n.jpg

matador, it must be wonderful having such great visibility. In my photo above, the vis that day was maybe 5ft with lots of turbidity in the water. That's why close-up is so great for me. :)

You have the same setup as me......so Im hearing forget the +10, as I do currents (although I don't enjoy them lol)...so why don't you use the +5? Do you stack the diopters? Where is a good place to buy these? I would like to use exactly what you have as you have a good handle on it and that way I know that it will work with my system if you don't mind.....this is new territory for me and I appreciate the help very much!

I have also been using the Inon (INON Close-up Lens UCL-165M67 [Overview]) with no issues for both my old G11 and the new G7X.
I had actually bought 2 of them which you can screw together for extra magnification but focusing is a massive task.
Have a look at the link below for examples, all macro is done using this lense.

gl

Your pictures are FANTASTIC!

I just added an Inon close-up lens to my Canon G16 (Ikelite housing) setup. I love it. It's the Inon UCL-165 M67 lens (67mm thread). I had to also buy the Ikelite 67in adapter but you won't need that.
View attachment 382934

Nice pic! I am thinking the Inon may be the way to go for me...needs to be easy and not require a lot of time to setup....when diving with groups I tend to get sidetracked with my camera and don't want to add any more focus to that LOL. I don't need anything huge, it just would be nice to get a little more detail in my images up close! Thanks!

At least with my Ikelite housing, strobe and Sola1200 as video/focus light, the close-up lens was a minor addition. The benefit with the Ikelite adapter is you can just pull it off to take video and regular pictures.

What I like about the lens (and I've only had it for 2 dives now) is that if you remember to get close enough (oops) then the auto-focus of the G16 will take care of the actual macro focus if you can keep fairly still. I find the whole rig very convenient and using the lens is not any more of a distraction than using the camera.

It helps to have a similar photographer buddy who has solid skills. :)

... and here's one more picture with the lens
T1024_Maple Bay 2016-09-25 16.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom