Switching to DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most DIR folks are standardized on 1st stages on doubles (twinset in the other English) but its not required.

The Apeks Tungsten is not really a popular model for doubles because the LP ports route a bit "up". You can probably get the hose routing to work with the biggest conflict potentially coming from the backup reg or the wing inflation LP hose (depending on which post you plan on putting this 1st stage).

Alternatively you might consider keeping this 1st stage for a single tank setup and getting dedicated doubles regs. In the Apeks line the DS4s are popular. So are the atomics and some scubapros.

edit: oh and btw the DR Hurricane is a rebranded Beuchat and not very popular, I suspect due to limited parts availability.

Agree on the routing for the Apeks can be problematic. I dive the DR Hurricane and have for a few years a great bullet proof reg- no problem with parts easily ordered from the web or bought at your local DR dealer. If you are looking at going tech you will need at least 3 regs (later more) two for twins and one for a stage. I would match my twin set but it is not necessary. The Apeks would make a fine stage reg.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom