T2T forum entrance requirements change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How many of us really have questions that can be asked in public at this point? All my questions I typically use txt, fb, or PM's. I would assume most others feel the same way once you're at a certain level.

How many of us really have questions that can be asked in public at this point? All my questions I typically use txt, fb, or PM's. I would assume most others feel the same way once you're at a certain level.

Prolly not many of us... I see the T2T for an area of other areas of discussion... not much for questions.

(Heads back to the pub, where I don't have to be polite to anyone, or use a secret handshake)

thumbsUp.jpg

A third idea is to keep the current standards and recruit active divers from other venues who are tired of the background noise and would be interested in a less public arena.

This would be a reasonable compromise, if its decided we want to lower the entry requirements. Its pretty easy to tell who would be a valuable contributor, and who wouldn't. Besides, theres nothing to say anyone couldn't be thrown out should they become counter productive.

Prolly not many of us... I see the T2T for an area of other areas of discussion... not much for questions.

I am wondering the same thing. I am wondering what kind of discussions are really expected in this forum that should be free from the prying eyes of the untutored public. If we can't come up with a decent number of potential topics, then we shouldn't expect a lot of discussion here.

Exploration can be discussed.

We can discuss the agencies, and what they need to do better to serve the caves and the divers who enjoy them.

We can discuss organizations who are no longer on track with their mission.

Theres stuff to talk about...

any chance of some sort of 'junior' membership or 'menteeship' or something? so that an/dp or intro or whatever folks could join & show some responsible posts and thoughtful questions with a time-limited membership maybe? that could be upgraded to 'full' membership or quietly shown the door? i'm just thinking that some shepherding might cut down the noise while upping the energy a bit.

i don't want to be elitist - except that i do. make of *that* what you will! :D

+1 for what Marci said :)

it yu want to see this area rock open the membership more, make it so the threads are still hidden from casual search and turn off the swearing filter and tell the mods that we can yell and scream at each other here.

Right now TDS has gotten family friendly and seems super slow compared to days of old.

Yeah. Most of the questions that I have are either political/historical questions that can't be asked/answered on open forum, or mind-bogglingly navel-gazing DIR questions that I send off to various GUE information resources that nobody in their right mind wants to argue about, not even other GUE/DIR divers...

And the feeling that Wookie expressed is kinda mutual. I have passing interest in rebreathers and I'd like to see what kind of wing that Bogaerts comes up with for his harness, but I'm not very interested in stuff outside of GUE right now.

I think some of what you're seeing is just the scuba community splitting up into being a little more tribal...

The DIR forum is generally pretty slow, too, because there's other forums now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom