T2T member introduction discussion thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this now a DIR forum??

I was slow in realizing the comment was aimed at me, how can you evaluate what I do in my diving, we never met. I think you Sir are part of a group who easily show disdain of everything that is east of your region.

Please stay on the sidelines, this place is not DIR enough for you.

Come on.. let's not generalize us either.. :wink: There are quite a few of us that get along with everyone. :wink:

Come on.. let's not generalize us either.. :wink: There are quite a few of us that get along with everyone. :wink:

You are right Chantelle, this is stuff I have heard. For my part I look forward to some dives with the GUE crowd next summer, if they would have me.:)

Now let's get back on the subject.

I don't need to beat my chest here, but my training is in my profile..

I don't see anyone beating their chest here except you. Your profile doesn't say much.

I guess that makes sense. A lot dives we do in the St Lawrence incur deco, but due to the profile, we are long clear by the time we get back to the entrance so I never really count them as deco dives.

Not sure what you're talking about with getting to the entrance in the St. Lawrence, but I do agree incurring deco during a dive doesn't necessarily make it a deco dive. I did a dive today in which I incurred deco during the dive but because of the profile there was no deco by the end of the dive. I don't count that as a deco dive.

snip
Not sure what you're talking about with getting to the entrance in the St. Lawrence, but I do agree incurring deco during a dive doesn't necessarily make it a deco dive. I did a dive today in which I incurred deco during the dive but because of the profile there was no deco by the end of the dive. I don't count that as a deco dive.

Most of the dives in the St Lawrence river, especially shore dives in the thousand islands area, require you to return to your entrance point due to ownership along the river, or the physical geography that does not allow an exit. Add to this heavy boat traffic and strong surface currents in the warm season and you have an overhead dive as well.

Many of our dives in the river are scooter dives in excess of 3 hours and while the deepest portion may be an hour or more below 100', the run back to the exit is often in a gently sloping profile which clears us of a deco obligetion on the trip back, so we do not actually stop, we just ride along the depth curve until we clear that portion of the deco schedule. Typically these are on 32% and due to the deco profile we do not carry any deco gasses.

I didn't care for it at first, but as I progressed, minimum gas profiles seemed to yield cleaner ascent definitions without isobaric perfusion extension in the static tissues. Most of you won't take this seriously, but I assure you that I am quite sincere in my kevrumboesque desire to promote vocabulary.

Hi. My name is Josh. I like diving. Sometimes I dive deeper, but other times I don't.

Hi I'm Mike I live in NWFL. I'm an NAUI and SDI instructor and TDI cetrified up through Trimix i love wreck diving and spearfishing i have approximately 1'000 dives under my belt over the last almost 16 years. Not DIR or a cave diver, I have nothing against them just not my thing thats all. Would like to do some diving with some like minded divers.

P.S. If your a Tech diver with a god complex (you know who you are) keep your a$$ away from me please. But if you like to dive have fun shoot fish and have an adult beverage or two then lets go!

Most of my diving CV can be seen at: This Link

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom