Tagaytay and Boracay Dec 1-12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PatrickDives

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I will be travelling to Tagaytay for 2 weeks. During that time, there will also be a 3-4 day trip to Boracay. I will be travelling with 3 others, none of whom are divers, but they will all probably do some snorkeling.

A little bit about me: Certified PADI Advanced, 18 logged dives all in the Seattle, WA area. I'm a big guy (overweight), so figure won't need any wetsuit just dive with swim trunks and a rash guard.

Questions:
1. Where can I dive where my friends can snorkel at the same place?

2. I plan on bringing my regulator, computer, mask, snorkel, fins. Rent everything else, right?

3. Do you recommend diving in Tagaytay or Boracay, or both if I can afford it? Which is better? Or are they both great?

4. Any suggestions you can give? Specific dive shops you recommend? Feel free to send me private message.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick.

I will be travelling to Tagaytay for 2 weeks. During that time, there will also be a 3-4 day trip to Boracay. I will be travelling with 3 others, none of whom are divers, but they will all probably do some snorkeling.

A little bit about me: Certified PADI Advanced, 18 logged dives all in the Seattle, WA area. I'm a big guy (overweight), so figure won't need any wetsuit just dive with swim trunks and a rash guard.

Questions:
1. Where can I dive where my friends can snorkel at the same place?

2. I plan on bringing my regulator, computer, mask, snorkel, fins. Rent everything else, right?

3. Do you recommend diving in Tagaytay or Boracay, or both if I can afford it? Which is better? Or are they both great?

4. Any suggestions you can give? Specific dive shops you recommend? Feel free to send me private message.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick.
there's no diving in tagaytay (it's a mountain)... jigo's right, maybe another 1.5 hours from tagaytay...

boracay... well... fabulous beach, but diving's bleh i hear... i'd leave the fins as well and if you're only looking at a couple of dives then you can rent the reg as well

Jag

if you do decide to go to anilao.. my advice is to not go via tagaytay on your way back..

been doing that for a long time and never figured why i get body aches when i get back to manila and or during when i'm in tagaytay.. hahaha... minor though..

if you do decide to go to anilao.. my advice is to not go via tagaytay on your way back..

been doing that for a long time and never figured why i get body aches when i get back to manila and or during when i'm in tagaytay.. hahaha... minor though..
yeah hahahaha only did that once though... diving with chip, van, jon and pao

tagaytay is 2500 feet above sea level i think...

Jag

Just back from the Philippines last night, did a few dives in Boracay and it was awesome!! First time I have dived in "blue water" and it was amazing.

Don't know if I can/should post the name of the dive shop, but they were great. I was impressed, they asked all the right questions (what level certification, how deep have I dived, when was last dive, how many dived logged) and they were very thorough from dive planning all the way through to debrief after each dive.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I will send you the contact info and URL for the shop, they are truely great folks and I look forward to returning for more diving with them.

Have a good one.

Patrick.

PS I also heard that Bohol (I think that's the correct spelling) has some great dives also, but I didn't get that chance.

great to hear you had fun. Go ahead and tell us the dive shop - forums are about sharing the wealth of info. :)

Back
Top Bottom