Taking a multi-day trip to the Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where do you guys recommend for an afternoon arrival on Thursday?
Not sure if it's doable, but maybe Catfish hole at Manatee springs?

Just make sure you and your peeps have fun. That's an order! It's a big state. You're not going to see it all in one trip, so don't even try! :D :D :D

Just make sure you and your peeps have fun. That's an order! It's a big state. You're not going to see it all in one trip, so don't even try! :D :D :D

I've lived on the Treasure Coast since 2002. I just haven't been to the springs for diving, which is why I want to try it out.

Before coming back to the post, I had a conversation with my cousin. We're going to try and arrive late morning and visit devil's on Thursday. Friday we'll spend the day at Ginnie, and we're booking the drift dive at rainbow for Saturday.

On day 2, how many dives did you do? Were you not able to do the ballroom and spring system in the same day? Or was there enough to do in the ballroom that you did repetitive dives?
We did one prolonged dive in the Ballroom. Remarkably, we were the only divers there that day. At the Spring System, also one dive. It's an amazing place, but we'd seen pretty much everything (as cavern divers) at that point.

One could pretty easily do Ballroom and the Spring System in a day. The hassle would be packing up the gear after the first dive, driving down the road, and setting it all up again. But, probably not that big of a deal. We had just dedicated two days for Ginnie and took it at a leisurely pace.

One day at Ginnie is probably enough.
For non cave certified divers, you cannot take lights into the Devils system. You can do the three (little devil, the eye and ear) in an hour.. During the week you should be able to get some good photography shots of the run and the tannic flow over the ear. Get out. Grab your lights, then surface drift down the river to Ginnie. For some 45 minutes in Ginnie is a long time.

It's a dive flag required anywhere at Ginnie?

It's a dive flag required anywhere at Ginnie?
In the river.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom