taking underwater photos at night

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

luvturtle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,can anyone give Me some tips for UW photography at night?,I have a sea&sea motor marine 2 with the strobe,would I be able to get any kind of night photos with this in the caribbean?Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!

Hi,can anyone give Me some tips for UW photography at night?,I have a sea&sea motor marine 2 with the strobe,would I be able to get any kind of night photos with this in the caribbean?Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!

Keep it on CU(close up lens) f-11 or 22, that's all you have to do...shot one from '95 thru spring of this year(the S&S MM II EX) when I went with a digital----my avatar pic was made with it.............You will get pretty good pics.........

I set up a smallish dive light (UK4AA size) on top of my strobe. This served as my primary night dive light and an aiming light for my strobe. This lit the image and reduced the task loading for night diving.

I also have a UK 4AA light on my mask strap so I can see the camera etc. Helpful, but really easy to blind your dive buddy and you have to turn your whole head to aim the light.

Little tip: don't take a closeup of your buddy during a night dive. My wife has a funny, in her twisted opinion, of me with my pupils fully dilated during a night dive. I was blind for the rest of the dive. :no

Have fun and let us know how it goes.

Staying close it the key. Even under the best conditions you strobe is good out to 6 or 8 ft. Concentrate on closeup and macro subjects.

Back
Top Bottom