Talk me out of the Atomic B-2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Do

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have spent the past year reading reviews and comments on this and other boards (and saving my money) and have just about decided to buy an Atomic B-2. From what I can gather, Atomic regs have the lowest WOB of any regs and are the dryest breathers. They also always seem to get the highest ergonic scores on tests. The only down-sides I have read of are: 1) the price, but they are not that expensive compared to other high-end regs, and I have saved up well more than enough for one; and 2) reportedly, some places in the world do not service them. Given their continued growth, that has to change, if it is even really a problem. So, why should I not get one?

I would tend to agree. I just want to be sure there my conclusions are correct and that there isn't something I am overlooking.

Purchased the Atomic B2 a few months ago. Very easy breather. Only problem was some harmonic resonance.
Cured by flipping the piston spring.
You will be:D:D

NO ! ! !

the K

Don't do it. Buy a Dacor and use the remaining $$ to chrome-moly your fins! :wink:

Seriously,

Just buy it. You will not regret it and it will last you a very long time if you take care of it.

joeg,

About this harmonic resonance. I think I have this problem as well on my B2, a buzzing noise when breathing at the surface? What is involved in flipping the piston spring?

Back
Top Bottom