Tampa Bay Diver Chat Thread (I)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frogman_5:
:D So when's the next happy hour, anyway?

Yeah, when is the next happy hour there ms social events coordinator :D

Missdirected:
Cool! From them? I had really wanted to buy a full skin. Just for the stuff like the pica pica. I dive a shorty now - it is plenty warm enough I am just looking for protection.

I finally put my knife on my BC - looks good and works great there. Super easy access.

Let's not forget... how sexy a woman with easy access to a knife can be :14:

Missdirected:
Where did you get that? Me a lil confusered :D

Ordered it from a place in NY...

couple of lenses
memory card
2 powerfull batteries

And, I found the Ike housing for it.
===

By the time the rig is ready for diving, I think I will be about $3500 into it!
---

We'll see those Bulls then!!! :14:

CoolTech:
I'm going to be a little poor for awhile... just H2o, please :14:

Hehehheh, poor tech. :14:

Don't know about HH I am off to Ft. Lauderdale for a big party and diving this weekend. :wave-smil:

CoolTech:
Ordered it from a place in NY...

couple of lenses
memory card
2 powerfull batteries

And, I found the Ike housing for it.
===

By the time the rig is ready for diving, I think I will be about $3500 into it!
---

We'll see those Bulls then!!! :14:

What do you consider a powerful battery? I bought Sea life or whatever and learned quickly that they are crap. So i bought some other rechargeables - name brand - I get two or three pics and the strobe is dying. Any recommendations?

Missdirected:
What do you consider a powerful battery? I bought Sea life or whatever and learned quickly that they are crap. So i bought some other rechargeables - name brand - I get two or three pics and the strobe is dying. Any recommendations?

Here is the setup - Above the water line:
Olympus EVOLT E-500 Digital SLR Camera Body with:
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PS-BLM1 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Olympus Li-ion Battery Charger & Power Cord [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]USB Cable[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Video Cable [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shoulder Strap [/FONT]
Uses a 4/3 filter that allows for True 8MP images at 2.5 f/s
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Olympus Zuiko 14-45mm f3.5-5.6 EZ Digital Zoom Lens with:[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Olympus Lens Hood [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Front and Rear Lens Caps [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Olympus Zuiko 40-150mm f/3.5-4.5 Digital Zoom Lens with:[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lens Hood[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Front and Rear Caps [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hitachi 3GB Microdrive™[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]USB 2.0 High Speed CompactFlash™ Card Reader[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Digital Image Recovery Software[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Spare Rechargeable BLM-1 Li-ion Battery[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Deluxe SLR Pro Camera Case [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Royal 1000)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Memory Card Storage Wallet[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Microfiber Cleaning Cloth[/FONT]

The camera is run by one battery. The IkeLite Strobes work on their own batteries.

Below the water line:
Ikelite #6855 TTL Underwater Housing - Rated to 200'
Assorted ports to accomodate lenses - Different lens lengths
Ikelite Substrobe DS-125/Sync Cord/Ball&Socket Arm System - with Fast Charger

By the time everything is added up, it's actually closer to $4000

eeewww

Missdirected:
Don't know about HH I am off to Ft. Lauderdale for a big party and diving this weekend. :wave-smil:

MissD can you do some partying for me as I will be doing my instructors exams over the coming weekend.
I have assistant instructor in the bag now as of today now for the next step.:D :D

Hey guys, im relatively new to the boards, been diving about a year, and want to get started getting into diiving a lot this summer. Im 16 and dive with my father. So were just sayin hi!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom