Tampa/St Pete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surelyshirly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope its OK to ask this here but can you tell me about the area?

Can I keep busy here, dive here, live here?

How close is the diving?

trying to get a feel for the area before I come to look.....thanks

*Tracey got your message and am looking at it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope its OK to ask this here but can you tell me about the area?

Can I keep busy here, dive here, live here?

How close is the diving?

trying to get a feel for the area before I come to look.....thanks

*Tracey got your message and am looking at it

This is a great place for this. You will get a lot of good input her chica :)

I may be a little biased but I think this is a great place to live and dive. We have a great community of divers in the area. Several good charters as well as a few good shore dives. We are an hour or so south of the springs in Ocala so we can run up there for dives and we are only about a three hour ride from West Palm and five hours from Key Largo. The big advantage for diving is the dive community around here. There is something going on just about every weekend.

The diving around here isn't as good as South Florida but it is good. And, we are easily within driving distance of SFL diving. As a Cave Diver (according to your profile) you are also within driving distance of Cave Country. Besides diving, what other interests do you have? I'm sure this area has whatever you are into and we will gladly point you in the right directions. I guarantee you will like this area better than any section of Jersey!

Thank you for your responses guys....

We can sonwboard!!!! Heard it is cold there this AM.... : )

:shocked2:Not Funny! I can see my breath today :shocked::rofl3:

Agreed on the dive community around here. We have a load of friendly people around here. Often hanging out at M&G's, carpooling further south, in general a good camaraderie here.

what did you guys do to piss off Mother Nature.......

It's not us, it's my parents. They are set to arrive on Saturday for their snowbird tour. Years ago, they always brought rain with them to piss my Uncle off but now that I live down here they decided to switch evils and bring cold instead... It usually passes once they are in the state for 48 hours so by Monday we should be all set and back to normal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom