Tank hydro,vis,tumble & valve service?:confused:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes PSI seems to now be telling shop owner the don't want to joust on emails, Did they tell a miss truth,did shop owner misunderstand? I don't know but I would for sure stay away and not trust any visual inspector or vis sticker from that agency!!!!!!!!!!!
No wonder tanks blow up! all these agency's are money eating machines,more classes = more money!!! pushing propaganda they cant back up, to justify day classes running in the several hundred dollars,,,,
I now have a guy doing the class to see what crap this agency is selling! love to hear if they are pushing the valve rebuild into the program to generate income to the inspection program?
If so be informed and let no inspector sell you on a needless valve rebuild with out proof it needs to be done!!!!!!!! just FYI !!!!!!

Just to be devils advocate (or at least stir the soup) why are you telling people to stay away and not trust this agency if you have never even been through their class? Everything you are going on is just hearsay or 2nd hand at this point. Wouldnt you have a more legitimate argument if you go through the class and hear what you are claiming yourself? :popcorn:

LET'S BE HONEST, the reason they want them back on the boat at 500psi is the same reason a lot of boats supply 72cf tanks to their customers. They want to provide as little bottom time as possible.

I see no reason for the average divers tank valve to be overhauled every five years with hydro. They amount of wear and tear on most personally owned tanks is minimal. If the customer chooses it fine but I wouldn't do it.

Most places I've worked at used the 500psi as a scare tactic to get the divers to pay closer attention to gauges. Back onboard in an hour or with at least 500psi. No min. pressure rule and it is surprising how many trips you have at least one diver come up with no air left. Charge $15 to VIP an empty tank and now they ALL come back with something left in the tank. These are usually the same people that dunk the reg. in the rinse tank with the dust cap off. Big sign over the rinse tank says to make sure dust cap is in place before you rinse, still every week at least one person can't read. Add a $25 reg. rebuild fee and now they ALL check before they dunk.

yes it is hearsay,but as told to me when questioning the shop owner this training agency is basically backing off from my take on it, so yes we do have some one will be taking the course now.
I can go on and on on tank Visual inspections from a dive shop owner for years doing vis on tanks with out updating his certification after it had expired! shop owners charging for visuals and tumbles and no service work was done in regarding the tumble,o-ring replacement and so on! basically nightmares! These company punch card's ,charge money and really don't give a D*M about what happens after the check clears!

That $15 for the mandatory VIP could be a couple more air fills so you can go dive again. Ask the person behind the counter why they have that policy. Ask them to prove their arguments.

Who's charging a "mandatory 15$ for VIP if pressure drops below 500psi"

I own many tanks, and have rented even more... I cant count how many times my tanks or rentals have been below 500psi when I have taken them in. I've dove in Washington state, California, Canada, Texas, Florida, Hawaii, and other countries and never seen such a charge actually enforced... What A-hole does this...? Those who are constantly looking for a witch hunt on this site, here is your opportunity. Go get em boy's. LMAO... Personally, if I encountered such shop I would take my business else where. Sorry to hear you were taken advantage of.

They probably think he might have run out of air at 673 feet (~300 psig) and got some water in the tank.:idk::shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom