Tank -> Lamp conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is one of the lamps we made. This one has the light switch at the top but we've found that the functionality is better if you add a switch closer to the base of the tank. You can see additional pictures if you follow the link. Scuba Tank Lamp | Scuba Decor

Attachments

• IMG_3169-540x720.jpg
    IMG_3169-540x720.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 694
Sorry for taking a year to respond, I haven't been on here in a while. Basically, what I did was use a DIY lamp kit Home Depot sells:
Make-A-Lamp Kit-7002500 at The Home Depot
3-Way Socket Make-A-Lamp Kit-7026800 at The Home Depot
I found that I had to get both kits. One of them provided most of the parts, while the other was necessary for the white spacer to close the gap between the opening and the lamp components. I drilled a hole on the side of the tank, unbent a coat hanger, and taped the cord to it and pulled it through to run the power cord from top to bottom. As far as getting the valve off, I hit it with a rubber mallet a couple of times and then used a monkey wrench that had rubber on it to get it off. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom