Tank pressure conversion - how to?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Step 1: www.google.com
Step 2: "____ bar in psi"
Step 3: get answer automagically

....or learn basic conversion factors.

There still is an other problem to this,I asked this some time ago.
Imerial users also use cft of air for there tanks instead of the actual water capasatie of there tanks,this makes comparing even more difficult:D

example: they have 80 cft LP anp HP tanks,we only got 11.1Liter tanks.
Well not realy we have 10-12-15 Liter tanks(most common) but what they rent us as 12 liter tanks are actualy 11.1 liter tanks/80cft LPtanks :(:(
So comparing is very difficult IMO
But if you only want to compare bar to psi 14.7 is the trick.

if my spelling is off please correct me:D

300bar diver:
There still is another problem to this; I asked this some time ago.
Imperial users also use cu.ft. of air for their tanks instead of the actual water capacity of their tanks. This makes comparing even more difficult. :D
Quite true, but with Google, it's easy enough to make the comparisons. If you simply round 1 bar to 1 atm, you can type it into Google as, for example, [google]11.1 liters * 230 in cubic feet[/google], where 230 is the cylinder's service pressure, in bar. (For a more correct result, [google]11.1 liters * 230 bar / 1 atm in cubic feet[/google].)

The full formula is simply Boyle's Law (P1V1/P2 = V2) with a few conversion factors: 1 cubic foot is about 28.3 liters, and 1 atm is 1.01325 bar. So...

11.1 L * (1 cu.ft. / 28.3 L) * 230 bar * (1 atm / 1.01325 bar) / 1 atm = 88.2 cubic feet.

Incidentally, our "Aluminum 80" cylinders are actually 77.4 cubic feet, or 9.66 liters. :D

If my spelling is off, please correct me. :D
(Hope you don't mind, but I made an effort toward the punctuation as well. :D:D)

stingray27:
Wow.. too much math... just change the settings on the air integrated computer!
But... but... you can *never* have too much math!

(Okay, how about, "You can never have too much math until you start covering infinite-dimensional vector spaces."? That's the topic that finally knocked me for a loop, but that was a senior/grad school class, so it doesn't really count. :D)

ClayJar:
But... but... you can *never* have too much math!

(Okay, how about, "You can never have too much math until you start covering infinite-dimensional vector spaces."? That's the topic that finally knocked me for a loop, but that was a senior/grad school class, so it doesn't really count. :D)
I crapped out at Fourier Transforms.

ClayJar:
Quite true, but with Google, it's easy enough to make the comparisons. If you simply round 1 bar to 1 atm, you can type it into Google as, for example, [google]11.1 liters * 230 in cubic feet[/google], where 230 is the cylinder's service pressure, in bar. (For a more correct result, [google]11.1 liters * 230 bar / 1 atm in cubic feet[/google].)

The full formula is simply Boyle's Law (P1V1/P2 = V2) with a few conversion factors: 1 cubic foot is about 28.3 liters, and 1 atm is 1.01325 bar. So...

11.1 L * (1 cu.ft. / 28.3 L) * 230 bar * (1 atm / 1.01325 bar) / 1 atm = 88.2 cubic feet.

Incidentally, our "Aluminum 80" cylinders are actually 77.4 cubic feet, or 9.66 liters. :DIs that LP or HP or does that not matter :confused:

(Hope you don't mind, but I made an effort toward the punctuation as well. :D:DNope I don't mind,but english is not my native language so i do have some problems,specialy with punctuation.:11doh:But you are quite welcome to answer in Dutch. :Dand i'll promisse to do beter :D)

bbbbbbbbbbb
ClayJar:

Incidentally, our "Aluminum 80" cylinders are actually 77.4 cubic feet, or 9.66 liters.

)
Is'nt it about time you guy's go metric :D:D:D

just to keep life simple :rofl3:

I think both are equally simple.
But maybe that's just me?

OK OK it's just you :D

Hay you dive in a bathtub :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom