Tank pressure conversion - how to?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

300bar diver:
Is that LP or HP or does that not matter :confused:
For American-style naming, it doesn't matter. An AL80 is named for its capacity at its service pressure. For Euro-style naming, LP and HP matter, as you need to know the service pressure to know the amount of gas in the given water-volume capacity.

Just use the Google query, [google]11.1 liters * ??? in cubic feet[/google], replacing the ??? with the service pressure in bar. (I'm not completely familiar with the customary service pressures of your cylinders, so I can't give complete answers.)

As for American, Imperial, Avoirdupois, metric, SI, and all those other systems, while I wouldn't say they are equally simple, they are all reasonably simple (and different problems lend themselves to different systems -- I bake cookies in metric units, but I mix beverages in English units :D).

ClayJar:
I bake cookies in metric units, but I mix beverages in English units :D.

So thats cookies by the KILO'S and drinks by the GALLONS :rofl3:

300bar diver:
So that's cookies by the KILO'S and drinks by the GALLONS :rofl3:
My personal chip cookie recipe begins: 320 grams bread flour, 300 grams dark brown sugar,...

Oh, and aren't beverages by the pint? :D

(Actually, my favorite beverage is 1 can of pineapple chunks in juice, 1 can of peach slices in whatever, and 1 pound of ice. Puree the first two until smooth, then add the ice and blend it into a delicious and refreshing smoothie. That may taste better, but it's not nearly as entertaining as the pints punchline. :))

300bar diver:
bbbbbbbbbbb
Is'nt it about time you guy's go metric

The entire world is 'metric'. Science is metric. Even the British went metric..... it is just that old habbits do not die.

Ik ben zelf nog steeds metrisch, maar na zoveel jaren in het imperiale systeem denk ik wel meer en meer in miles en gallons. Gewichten is moeilijker, begrijp de 'stone', 'quart' niet. Hier ben ik nog in kilo's.

ClayJar:
Oh, and aren't beverages by the pint? :D
Only during the week, it's by the gallon at the weekend.
Meng Tze:
Even the British went metric
A little bit. We pick and choose to please.

Meng_Tze:
The entire world is 'metric'. Science is metric. Even the British went metric..... it is just that old habbits do not die.

Ik ben zelf nog steeds metrisch, maar na zoveel jaren in het imperiale systeem denk ik wel meer en meer in miles en gallons. Gewichten is moeilijker, begrijp de 'stone', 'quart' niet. Hier ben ik nog in kilo's.

kwist niet eens dat je nederlands was :14:

mislav:
So, by multiplying 300bar by 14.7 - your Avoirdupois screen name would then be "4410psi diver"? :rofl3:

Find my introduction and see that you are right :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom