Tank/weighting conundrum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Being slightly overweighted to me is not a big deal nor problem and as DA Aquamaster said there are ways to deal with a wing failure (i carry a lift bag as well), granted this is with a slight bit overweight, if you are very overweighted then yes you should change your setup to be a safer one indeed.

I find it interesting that you assume the 3/2 is adequate and you shouldn't consider a change there....

Total exposure time, water temperature, hydration, exposure suit, and depth, all play a role in core temp.
Instructors who dive 4 times a day often use 7/6 mm suits even during summer in Key Largo/IslaMorada.
After you've had a chance to get some more experience with diving, and stayed under water for 4 hours or more in a single day... you may find that the 3/2 is not adequate and move to a 5mil, which adds about 4-6 lb positive.

You have lots of options.

Back
Top Bottom