Taxi from PDC Ferry to Cancun airport?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron G.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're on the island now, flying home from CUN Wednesday afternoon.

i thought I had transportation to the airport arranged, but the van from the airport (Jose, who has been recommended here) was a no show picking us up at CUN.

I don't want to take the ADO bus back from the ferry, so I'm thinking I'll be able to just catch a cab in PDC near the ferry back to CUN. I think I've read that taxi drivers like fares to the airport and I should be able to do it for $40-50. (We'll be on the 9:00 a.m. ferry from Coz.

I'm hoping to get off the ferry, walk up the hill a block or so and find cabs waiting.

Will this work?

thx

Ron,

Sorry to hear that! Jose has always been on the spot for me. Usually, I get jumped by guys looking to set up a transfer and claim to never have heard of him and he walks up behind me.

My brother had the same problem. He had prepaid whoever and while they refunded the money a couple of days later, he had to hire a cab in order to catch the last ferry as the bus had already left by the time he figured no one was coming. PITA. Figure $50 at least...maybe a bit more. I think he said he paid $60 FROM the terminal but you might get a better price TO. There will most likely be several guys asking if you want a taxi as you exit. Feel free to negotiate.

Stick with the companies I suggested in February.

Ron did you email Jose for an explanation?

If you didn't, I'm gonna. I have share his info with alot of people. When we came down in February, he arranged to have the van guy wait while we did our MX GE interviews. He even lead us over to departures and got us to the office. Then he arranged to have the van drive wait for us. We did pay a little extra to cover the HOURS it took, but it was very reasonable. Still cheaper than some quotes I have seen.

Back
Top Bottom