TDI Decompression Procedures - Sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba127

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is it possible for a TDI Instructor to teach the TDI Decompression Procedures Course in sidemounted doubles? Thanks in advance.

Yes when I asked this question erlier this year I was told that TDI just considers sidemount another way to carry tanks

Randy

I'd check with the Instructor. My instructor wanted me in BM doubles since he didn't dive SM.

My TDI Instructor said no problem, as long as I've mastered the gas switching load of independent doubles. My instructor doesn't dive sidemount, either.

I'm going to do mine at Dayo Scuba in Orlando this week. They will do it either way.

There's a picture out there someplace of a guy(Mark Elliyat maybe?) with a set of doubles slung on each side, along with the ones his back. I looked, but couldn't find it.

Is it possible for a TDI Instructor to teach the TDI Decompression Procedures Course in sidemounted doubles? Thanks in advance.

I've done it, two tanks on each side but one of them was always a deco tank...

Back
Top Bottom