TDI Decompression Procedures - Sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This ceased being funny back on September 19th.... my advice: give it a rest.

Is it possible for a TDI Instructor to teach the TDI Decompression Procedures Course in sidemounted doubles? Thanks in advance.

Yes - Both TDI and TecRec allow this as long as the instructor is also qualified as a Sidemount Instructor (Only sidemount, no special sidemount deco procedures course needed!), the student is already qualified for side mount (with two tanks) and the student is happy to use this configuration for the course.

However, for me it is always worth doing the course in doubles first (even if it is a hired doubles set-up) as sidemount is very easy to switch to later - switching from sidemount to doubles without the right training is an accident waiting to happen!

Karl

I think there's no problem the only think you need is a smb capable to support you in case of the sidemout camel back fails

Back
Top Bottom