TDI Intro to Cave in doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bamamedic

Contributor
Reaction score
Somewhere between "hold my beer and watch this!" a
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi!

I'm planning on taking TDI's Cavern and Intro to Cave in April. I've been diving doubles since September. Does TDI allow for diving doubles in their Intro to Cave class? If they do, is it a provisional or time limited allowance, or am I allowed to dive doubles at the Intro level indefinitely?

Thanks!
Rita :)

You can do Intro to Cave in doubles. To dive at that level with doubles used to require a letter from your instructor, but my understanding is that you can now get an Intro to Cave doubles card at the discretion of the instructor.

My wife and I did TDI's Cavern & Intro in doubles and, as a result, were permitted to dive Ginnie at the Intro level in doubles. There wasn't any time restriction of which I was aware.

If you do Intro in doubles, encourage your instructor to make a notation on your card that you did the class in doubles.

Hi!

I'm planning on taking TDI's Cavern and Intro to Cave in April. I've been diving doubles since September. Does TDI allow for diving doubles in their Intro to Cave class? If they do, is it a provisional or time limited allowance, or am I allowed to dive doubles at the Intro level indefinitely?

Thanks!
Rita :)

Hi there... yes, our standards allow for doubles to be used at this level. There is no time restraint (unsure what you mean on this but there is none :)). The limits on gas management remain unchanged... turn at 1/6th starting volume of controlling cylinder(s).

Hope this helps. If you have further questions, please contact me here or via direct email.

Back
Top Bottom