Tec solo training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The SDI Solo class SHOULD teach you some important things. My students learn a lot about multi-tasking, stress management, mitigation strategies, emergency tactics, and more.
Can you learn these skills in two days? Or should you have those skills and review them in the two days?

Of course there's some things you learn on the course as you go through the lectures. There's not enough time to learn new "core" skills such as using a twinset/sidemount/backup along with the other failures that your instructor's going to cause.

Question: do you really get people on that course who've never used a Pony/stage bottle backup before? Do you get them to properly monitor the gas left as they're using it?

We do drift deco here and getting separated from your buddy/team/group is a reality to be dealt with.
You can’t do drift deco solo, there’s no one to pick you up. In 30 minutes you could be half a mile down stream from the boat.

opposing philosophies can be confusing together the solo diving mind can not be taught as team mentality can

I love my drift deco solo dives

What about the dsmb and the boat and the captain of the boat and the No1 and the other divers, dude

Two opposing philosophies are confusing the solo diving mind can not be taught as team mentality can
Solo you are the captain and the no.1 and a surface marker won’t get you back to the boat when you’re finished the deco. The boat can’t be allowed drift empty. And of coarse there are no other divers.

opposing philosophies can be confusing together the solo diving mind can not be taught as team mentality can

I love my drift deco solo dives
Are you able to swim ashore or back to your boat. I honestly wouldn’t like to chance getting separated from my boat offshore. If the shore was available to me it would be okay.

Is this Irish humour or are you just borrowing the address and pretending

Is this Irish humour or are you just borrowing the address and pretending

You said you’re drifting during the deco. When the deco is finished how are you getting to the boat? I thought the question was simply. If I had even 30 minutes of deco to do I could be half a mile and out of sight of my boat. Which is why I can’t drift during deco.

You said you’re drifting during the deco. When the deco is finished how are you getting to the boat? I thought the question was simply. If I had even 30 minutes of deco to do I could be half a mile and out of sight of my boat. Which is why I can’t drift during deco.
Imagine that you go to a bar by yourself. You get served and after a quiet pint, you pick up your tab and leave. There is a bartender and other patrons, but you spent your time alone at a table. Were you drinking with a buddy or solo?

Imagine that you go to a bar by yourself. You get served and after a quiet pint, you pick up your tab and leave. There is a bartender and other patrons, but you spent your time alone at a table. Were you drinking with a buddy or solo?
That is a brilliant metaphor and describes 'individuals' boat diving perfectly.

Just imagine you choked on a peanut -- rare but possible -- you'd need to try to clear it yourself but maybe nobody notices. That's the risk you take drinking alone.

How would boat drift diving and drift deco diving be any different? You launch an DSMB, boat comes picks you up..

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom