Tech Reading recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LavaSurfer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any recommendations for some good tech, decompression reading.

I am looking for info on theory for learning and enjoyment.
Trimix, Dec, Advanced Nitrox, are all something I would like more info on.

Eventually I plan on taking "DSAT Tec Deep Diver" or TDI Deco Course and Advanced Nitrox and just want a head start. Also any recomendations on the previous to names courses, which might be a better option?

I like reading about teory and thought it woul be a great way to pss time on land.

Have you read Gentile's book, LavaSurfer? Couldn't help but notice the quote.

I ordered IANTDs encylopedia about 8 months ago, it was due out "any day"...Still a no show.

I bought a couple of books by Weinke, all of what NAUI had and have found or bought articles by several authors on the internet.

If you haven't already done so check, www.bestpub.com

LavaSurfer:
Any recommendations for some good tech, decompression reading.

I am looking for info on theory for learning and enjoyment.
Trimix, Dec, Advanced Nitrox, are all something I would like more info on.

Eventually I plan on taking "DSAT Tec Deep Diver" or TDI Deco Course and Advanced Nitrox and just want a head start. Also any recomendations on the previous to names courses, which might be a better option?

I like reading about teory and thought it woul be a great way to pss time on land.
Great reading here:
http://www.breakthrudiving.com/xducation/pdf/ratiodeco.pdf

DSAT's book, whether you take the DSAT class or TDI's. I took TDI.

Deep Diving by Bret Gilliam

NSS-CDS Cave Diving Manual

Weinke's books have good info but they're extremely technical.

Dive-aholic:
NSS-CDS Cave Diving Manual

This is in a rewrite. I wouldn't discourage anybody from getting the present edition,since there is valuable information from some well known authors. It will be quite awhile before the rewrite is available,but the sneak peak I've seen thus far will make it worth the wait!

I too recommend the books by Weinke.
the IANTD tech diving encyclopedia.
All the cave training agency texts. If the NSS-CDS book is in rewrite, I'm going to hang on tight to my old one.
"A Blue Print for Survival" by Sheck Exley.

I'm not a fan of the DSAT texts

Wildcard:
I ordered IANTDs encylopedia about 8 months ago, it was due out "any day"...Still a no show.

This is a great book I have read most of it but am still waiting on my copy also.
My instructor spoke with Tom Mount last week and they should be in the mail this week, we will see! :)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom