• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

TekDiveGirl / Kimber Hawkens Thurman

Discussion in 'Passings' started by D_B, Apr 3, 2019.

1. nadwidny

nadwidny Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    me too

D_B likes this.
  2. D_B

D_B Biilápache, Dii Shodah? ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Celebration of Life for KImber Hawkens Thurman
    Saturday June 1st 2019 at 11 am
    The Mission Church
    825 Carlsbad Village Drive, Carlsbad, Ca 92008
    Kylia Thurman:
    Thank you to those of you who have reached out in the last few weeks to me and my family. All of your kind words are greatly appreciated.
    We have planned a celebration of life for my sweet mom. It will be held on Saturday June 1st, 2019 at 11am. I have attached a link for a google doc rsvp. If you could please fill that out so I can get an idea of how many people will be there and how much food to order I would appreciate it. You can also find the address for the service in the form

.... link to post and document ... Kylia Thurman

gypsyjim likes this.
  3. CapsFan22

CapsFan22 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    I have only been on this board a few years, and have an exceptionally terrible memory, but the story I read about Kimber here and how I felt reading it left a long-lasting impression. I was in awe that someone like her existed. I still am.

This instantly made me cry and it didn't stop until I started writing this.

Reading through this thread and other ones, it amazes me how so many people have such wonderful things to say about how she touched their lives.

To be able to have such an incredible impact on people through the stories others have told about her speaks unfillable volumes about who she was and will continue to be. Those kind of people never truly pass, they always live on through the people they so positively affected.

Thank you for continuing to share stories about her, D_B. It's truly appreciated.

gypsyjim and D_B like this.
  4. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Barracuda

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I am so very sorry for your loss D_B. God bless.

D_B likes this.
  5. D_B

sharing Kimber Stories .. I have so many ... it helps me to tell them, and it seems that is my purpose now

thank you for the kind words, and especially yours CapsFan ... :heart:

CapsFan22 likes this.
  6. D_B

a recent one from last summer ...

we went to Idlewild for a brief getaway.
    Kimber had her new power chair that brags about the suspension it has, was the first time trying out the new chairs capabilities, after trying a few things, broken pavement, small curbs, etc, that it handled so well, Kimber's reaction was ..
    OMG now I want to find more stuff to drive off , climb over ! :jump:

after we got home we kept testing the chairs capabilities .. here is Kimber going off a full size curb in her QUICKIE QM-7 with Spidertrack 2.0 suspension ... the look on her face when I suggested she go off it .. horror and anticipation both :)

CapsFan22 and gypsyjim like this.