tekna scooters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pos-tech

Registered
Reaction score
I have a tekna scooter and was wondering if I could get it serviced and or parts.

There isn't much the manufacturer can do for you, but there are some places on the web that can supply parts and some that do service.

The batteries are off the shelf, as is the shaft seal. Most of the o-rings are standard. The two big o-rings can be made up by a seal distributor.

I got the batteries at a commercial battery dealer (the guys who sell batteries for electric wheelchairs) for about $100 and all of the seals from a seal distributor for about $35 including a bunch of spares.

What sort of parts are you looking for?

FYI, TEKNA stopped manufacturing the scooter around '92 and no parts are available to my knowledge. I worked for TEKNA in the 80's when the scooter came out and until they sold the company in '90. Hopefully you can find a way to keep it running. It's a great scooter. We took ours all the way to Cozumel and Hawaii on a few trips.

Talk to Curt at DPV Repair, he's been a huge help gettting mine together.... I had gotten a couple of them in pieces for a case of beer in trade..

Darlene

Back
Top Bottom