Tell me more about the BioFlex fabric

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fireflock

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking at the Techniflex suit, and I want to know more about the BioFlex fabric. It flexes, that much I understand, but where does it fit in the universe between shell suits and compressed neoprene.

In particular.....weight (total suit lbs, for travel), time to dry (more like a shell suit or more like a wetsuit), and buoyancy characteristics (does it change with depth like compressed neoprene?).

Is there any promotional material I can get my hands on? (Besides the USIA website....). It seems I live many miles from a dealer.

Rich

It does not flex that much. I would rate the flex as barely noticeable if at all. The suit is well made and looks like it will hold up well. The material seems pretty tough.

My suit weighs roughly 14 lbs with undergarments and the bag it came with.

I have not had the opportunity to dive mine yet so I cannot answer any other questions. I will say that at this point I am happy with my decision on purchasing the Techniflex. I hope that my mind will not change when I get a chance to dive it.

While the material has far more stretch normal shell suits, you will notice the most difference while actually diving the suit. It is a lot more comfortable and you don't feel the wrinkle squeeze like you do with tri lams.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom