Temperature and things to do.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clammy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I'm looking to possibly go to Bermuda for a long weekend in early September. I know you guys are way in the middle of the Atlantic and I have some questions:

What are water temperatures like then.
How easy is it to setup a couple of quick dives?
What other activities are there (horse back riding, sky diving, hiking, etc)?

Thanks for the help!

Hey Clammy,

Water Temps should still be in the 80s in September but slowly going down nearer the end of the month but slowly
In September its starting to get a lil slower, but I would still try to set up a dive ahead of time. Once you know where your staying you can look at the closest dive company (if its not at your hotel) and set it up. This just help to avoid disappointment and make sure you can get those dives in
We have alot of water activities, Diving of course, jet skii tours, boat rentals etc etc... We do have the horseback riding. No jumping out of planes and you'll be lucky to actually see anything like an ATV maybe a golf cart there a lil more common.
Bermuda is hilly but you can for sure go for a nice walk and maybe a 'hike' the Bermuda Railway trail is a wonderful way to explore the island...

let me know if this helps
take care

Don't miss a walk up to Fort Hamilton and a stroll though the moat garden!

Pete

Definitely gonna try that! Gonna moped my way up there. It looks like I'm staying at the Grape Bay Beach Resort! Any recommendation on dive operators?

Staying at Grape Bay, you are about 15 min by scooter from the Southampton Princess (Dive Bermuda). I would advise to use them for a few dives. But then, use Triangle Diving for a few more dives, which is about 25 min by scooter in the opposite direction at Grotto Bay. This will enable you to see many of the best wrecks in Bermuda. The two operators do not overlap in terms of wrecks and reefs they visit.

Water Temps should still be in the 80s in September

...but feels colder.

Regarding sea temps, water is usually around 84 at start of September, dropping to about 80-82 by end of the month. Keep in mind that dives in Bermuda are relatively shallow, so your bottom times will be realtively long. 80 degree water starts to feel quite cold 30 minutes into that second dive without some exposure protection.

Hello!
Thanks for the recommendations! This is not specifically a dive trip so unfortunately we will only be doing 2 dives one one of the days most likely. So I will only be picking one operation most likely. One reef dive and one wreck dive. We will be bringing along (or renting) 3mm shorty wetsuits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom