Tenkiller

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LakeScubaDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So when is everyone diving Tenkiller next? I'm thinking late April/early May 2012! October was rather chilly, above water that is....

If we get some decent weather on a weekend in Jan. I would be interested in diving it. Last April before all the rain and flooding, Tenkiller was the best I had seen in several years. After the flooding it was the worst I had seen in several years. The Oklahoma Aquanauts have acquired a boat that we are going to try to sink sometime in April or May or when we can get the permits and permission to sink it.

What is the visibility like in Tenkiller?

the visibility at the very end of the season (Right around November) had opened up in a select few areas to around 10 - 15 feet but it was far and few in between. The only place I found it was near the swim park by the scuba park. Just about 1000 feet away from the boat ramp. on the south east side of the pennisula. Its several months old now though

I'm in on April and I would love to see and get photos of the boat going down while underwater.
I missed a shot like this many years ago, sounds like a pretty plum time to try and get another shot at it!

K what might viz be by then? I'm fixing to hit Beaver after the first of the year if anyone would be interested in that as well.

I'm in on April and I would love to see and get photos of the boat going down while underwater.
I missed a shot like this many years ago, sounds like a pretty plum time to try and get another shot at it!

K what might viz be by then? I'm fixing to hit Beaver after the first of the year if anyone would be interested in that as well.

Well it depends on a handful of factors. If we do not get any terenchel rains by then and if there is not a lot of water run off then its a good chance it may be upwards to 20 feet. (About the best I have seen is 30) but if it gets like it did last year with the floods and heavy rains then it will be like it was last year with spotty at best visibility of around 2 to 5 feet.

If you would like to join some of my collegues they will be going to Oronogo on the 1st of January for some new years diving.

Oronogo sounds good did not know they would be open...but I'm heading for Dallas for new year. I'll have to keep a line open I did not get to hit ten k this year due to the flooding. So before the spring rains I'm getting their might be cold but ill get their! Does anyone know if north oklahoma lakes are any good for diving?

Well In Northeast Oklahoma...... Tenkiller is fairly decent at times, Grand is aweful as I never heard a good report there. Skiatook has one location reported to be decent, Keystone Uggggh no Any others no reports to my knowledge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom