Testing Requirements to Come to CZM?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kicker1866

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys....I am coming in next week ( Thank GOD....I have gone from 3 times per year to 12 months since my last trip).....anyway, does anyone know if there is a requirement of recent Covid test before entering from US?

Any helpful sites you could point me to? Thanks

Hey guys....I am coming in next week ( Thank GOD....I have gone from 3 times per year to 12 months since my last trip).....anyway, does anyone know if there is a requirement of recent Covid test before entering from US?

Any helpful sites you could point me to? Thanks

There are not any requirements coming into Mexico by air unless something has changed in past 10 days. Your airline would notify you (I really don't think Mexico can afford to do anything to turn away tourists at this point).

Obviously you will need take a Covid test while you are in Cozumel in order to return to the US. You should find a recent thread on this. Test must be with 72 hours of entry into the US (some people say 3 days, some say 72 hours, I would just go with the 72 hours since they aren't that hard to schedule given notice). I would go ahead and book an appointment for the test well in advance if possible. You can get them at CMC/Costamed and a couple of other places, but a lot of hotels are also offering tests on-site. That requirement started more than a month ago, so things running fairly smoothly at this point as far as I know.

If you are post Covid in the previous 90 days no test is required (snippets of virus DNA still in you trigger a lot of false positives). You would need a copy of the positive test result and a doctor's note that you are recovered

If you are post Covid in the previous 90 days no test is required (snippets of virus DNA still in you trigger a lot of false positives). You would need a copy of the positive test result and a doctor's note that you are recovered

Are there testing requirements to re-enter the US if one has had both vaccines?

Are there testing requirements to re-enter the US if one has had both vaccines?
To the best my knowledge no credit for vaccine. The exception for recovered Covid infections is due the high rate of false positives after recovery. A friend here at work (in the main air operations center) was excused from weekly testing for 90 days after he recovered from covid. First post test after covid was at day 97, popped a false positive and was withheld from work until a negative PCR test came back 3 days later.

Back
Top Bottom