Texas Clipper Reefing Date

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Based on requirements for calm seas and hot air, it will be next spring before they get the thing on the bottom!

That's no way to talk about dignitaries. Where's your manners?

Willie

LVX is correct. TPWD is amending its web site as I type this. Weather will play a major factor especially anyone who is a gulf of mexico diver understand's. In reference to the funding comment, No general funds are available to the artificial reef program. The funds used to make this happen primarily come from the artificial reef fund which is not taxpayer supported.No one is more frustrated than I am with yet another delay, and the department has been advised of your complaints.

Thank you to everyone involved...

Spending any type of money in any political system is juggling act between who gives you the money and who uses the money.
Then of course you want to stay away from those people that track the money- really scary.

It will be sunk- thanks again.

Andrew

How soon after the reefing will diving be allowed?

Is there any speculation what the conditions (temp/vis/current) will be like at that site?

Assuming the reefing does occur on November 15, there cannot be any diving for 48 hours. They need to install the mouring buoys and remove some equipment from the ship. I believe a group from Houston already has the first diving day thru American Diving.

Currently, American Diving reports the water temp on site is 87 and 90 ft vis. Whale sharks sre st nesrby sites.

Whale sharks sre st nesrby sites.

Don't tell me they start happy hour early there at TPWD? Are y'all taking applications? Just kidding with ya. Good to hear it's all solidifying, though.

So what's the deal, only one dive operation a day is allowed to dive on the clipper?

Back
Top Bottom